Miss Wayman / Mrs Chinn
Welcome to our Year 4 class page!
Welcome back to a brand new year! Mrs Chinn, Miss Wayman, Mrs Jones and Ms Askey all hope that you have had a lovely holiday and are very much looking forward to working with you again this term. We have lots of exciting learning planned. For information about the topics we will be studying this term and for lots of other useful information about this half term, please click here to access our curriculum map containing our topics, important information and our class timetable.
We worked very hard last term to earn dojo points for our behaviour and house points for excellent work. We are going to do the same this term!
This term we will be:
- continuing our learning in English by exploring newspaper writing, report writing and narrative writing
- Our learning in Maths will focus on calculations including multiplication and division then we will move on to area, fractions and decimals
- In Science, we will move on to a topic for the whole Spring term, focused on sound
- In RE we will continue our Christmas topic and will then move on to our second Old Testament topic, before exploring Lent and Holy Week.
- We will be learning about the UK, with particular focus on London, in Geography
- We will also be working with food during our DT lessons - tasting food then cooking our own healthy recipes
- In Computing, we will be continuing our work with BGfL
- We will undertake dance and swimming topics in PE.
Our word of the week is GUIDANCE and our values and virtues for Spring 1 half term are being CURIOUS and ACTIVE.
This term we will be continuing our recorder K2M lessons - recorders will then need to be brought into school every Thursday, ready for our lessons.
Your reading record book should be in school every day so that you can share what you are reading with us and your spelling log should also be in class every day. We change our own reading books and choose our own books now so please make sure to change them when you need to.
Your homework should be given in by Wednesday each week please - if you have any problems with it please let us know before Wednesday so we can help you with it before it needs to be given in.
Dates for your diary!
Year 4 Mass will be on Wednesday 7th February at 9.15 a.m. in church and our Y3/4 Lenten production will be held on 29th March. We very much look forward to welcoming our families to these.
Miss Wayman, Mrs Chinn, Mrs Jones and Ms Askey