Welcome to our Year 4 class page!
We have reached our final term together in Year 4 and are working very hard in all of our subjects. We have produced some excellent stories with flashbacks and are looking forward to sharing these with you.
We are working really hard to earn dojo points and are very proud of our recent scores.
This week we will be:
- beginning a new topic on persuasion and exploring the features of persuasive letters.
- Our learning in Maths will focus on solving time problems then exploring area and perimeter.
- In Science, we will continue our topic of solids, liquids and gases and will then move on to our sound topic.
- In RE we will continue our Pentecost topic by exploring the lives of the saints and what the Holy Spirit is like.
- We will be continuing our new 20th Century transport topic in History by beginning to explore the development of train travel.
- We will also be developing our understanding of how to draw and design car prototypes in our art and DT lessons!
- In Computing, we will be continuing our animation topic
- We will be continuing our cricket topic in PE, swimming and also learning new music in our recorder lessons,
Our word of the week is NOURISH and our values and virtues for this half term are being FAITH-FILLED and HOPEFUL.
Please remember to bring in your swimming kit for your lesson on Tuesdays and your recorder for your music lesson on Thursdays. Please also remember your music homework for Mrs Marsden.
Your reading record book should be in school every day so that you can share what you are reading with us and your spelling log should also be in class every day. We change our own reading books and choose our own books now so please make sure to change them when you need to.
Your homework should be given in by Wednesday each week please - if you have any problems with it please let us know before Wednesday so we can help you with it before it needs to be given in.
Miss Wayman, Mrs Platt and Mr Jeavons