Miss Wayman / Mrs Chinn
Welcome to our Year 4 class page!
Welcome back to school! Mrs Chinn, Miss Wayman, Mrs Jones and Ms Askey are very much looking forward to working with you during this year and we have lots of exciting learning planned. For information about the topics we will be studying this term and for lots of other useful information about this half term, please click here to access our Autumn 1 curriculum map containing our topics, important information and our class timetable.
We are already working really hard to earn dojo points for our behaviour and house points for excellent work.
This week we will be:
- continuing our learning about stories with fantasy settings by exploring the new chapters of James and the Giant Peach and beginning to learn more about expanded noun phrases
- Our learning in Maths will focus on place value including Roman numerals, negative numerals and problem solving
- In Science, we will continue our topic of animals and plants.
- In RE we will begin our Old Testament topic, by exploring the story of creation and how we are created in the image and likeness of God
- We will be learning more in our Geography topic about land use across the UK and in the local area.
- We will also be developing our understanding of sketching and colour palettes in our art lesson!
- In Computing, we will be continuing out learning about how to use Word as a word-processing package and beginning our animation topic
- We will continue with our ball skills and invasion game topics in PE.
Our word of the week is FORGIVENESS and our values and virtues for this half term are being ELOQUENT and TRUTHFUL.
This week we will beginning our recorder K2M lessons - recorders will then need to be brought into school every Thursday, ready for your lesson.
Your reading record book should be in school every day so that you can share what you are reading with us and your spelling log should also be in class every day. We change our own reading books and choose our own books now so please make sure to change them when you need to.
Your homework should be given in by Wednesday each week please - if you have any problems with it please let us know before Wednesday so we can help you with it before it needs to be given in.
Miss Wayman, Mrs Chinn, Mrs Jones and Ms Askey